Theme of the Year: Global Citizenship
2013 – 2014
Stds. – VI, VII and VIII
UHM/C/03/2013-14 June 19, 2013
“What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child.”
We welcome all the parents and students of Stds. VI, VII and VIII.
We feel it is essential to inform you about certain general norms of the Secondary Section. And believe in quality education. Hence our goal is to cater to the needs of every child with the best knowledge and mould them to a better personality for the future.
The usual day begins with the Assembly wherein children say their daily prayers, sing the School Anthem and National Anthem. Value Education and age appropriate News form a part of the Assembly.
Along with the academic subjects we have lighter subjects like Music, Physical Exercise, Craft, Art, Computer, Karate, Gymnastics etc to help them to relax and refresh their minds. Students also get trained in Dance by the Shiamak Davar’s Institute of Performing Arts.
General Instructions :
- Parents must go through the rules, regulations and Activities Schedule of the Hand book and kindly return the duly signed sign the Undertaking page to the class teacher within a week.
- P.T uniform to be worn on the days mentioned in the time table.
- During winters, students are required to wear only plain black coloured cardigan or sweater
- Students are not permitted to wear any kind of jewellery or fancy wrist watches to school. If found worn, these items will be confiscated.
- Application of mehendi and nailpolish is not allowed.
- Expensive compass boxes, erasers, pens and pencils are not allowed.
- Kindly see to it that children do not carry games, electronic items and mobile phones.
- Usage of White ink is strictly not allowed.
- Distribution of sweets or gifts on your child’s birthday/any occasion is prohibited.
- Medicines given to the child should be informed to the teacher.
- All text books to be covered with brown paper.
- All personal belongings of students must be labelled with name, address and telephone number.
- Please do not send soft drinks and junk food.
- Parents with I-cards are allowed to pick their children from school. Additional Parent /Guardian I-cards can be issued with a payment. Kindly contact the school office.
- No half day leave is granted from school.
- Kindly attend the Visiting Days regularly.
- Do not send tutors, neighbours, relatives on Visiting Days.
- Kindly intimate the office immediately in case of change in personal details like address, mobile numbers etc.
- Parents are requested to check the remarks/ school reports promptly.
- Punctuality is essential at all times.
- Parents can meet the teachers by seeking an appointment through the pages provided in the Handbook. All teachers are available on the Visiting days
- Snacks will be provided.
- Parents are requested to send proper lunch with students Please do not give any liquid food item for lunch.
Things to be brought to school :
- Books arranged as per the time table.
- Students to bring a Blue or Black gel pen.
- Children should get crayons, water colours and geometry box as per the time table.
- Tiffin box, napkin and water bottle.
- Please send the G-book (rough book) and Dictionary everyday.
- Comprehension Cloze book should be brought as per the teacher’s instructions.
Reading Programme :
- Students should practice reading on a daily basis at home.
- Students will visit the Library once a week. Kindly ensure that the library book is returned in good condition and in time to avoid penalty.
- Parents are required to maintain reading log on weekly basis in the Hand book.
- Students will be given “Times of India” [NIE] in the class daily.
Homework & Submission:
|Monday||Social Studies, Mathematics, Physics|
|Wednesday||Science , Biology, Chemistry|
Evaluation system for Stds. VI, VII and VIII:
- CCE’s will be conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays and there will be Two Semesters. The schedule will be given.
- English Dictation will be conducted every Monday and Hindi Dictation will be conducted every Wednesday of the week.
- Worksheets need to be filed properly and kept at home.
Awards and Co-curricular activities:
- Competitions and Activities schedule is given in the Handbook. All the students are encouraged to participate in these activities. Prizes are awarded at the Prize Distribution Ceremony
- Merit Awards are given to deserving students. Kindly read the handbook for details.
- Interschool activities and events will be notified.
Parents and guardians are reminded that without their help and co-operation, not much can be expected from the efforts made to mould the child’s character in the school. They are, therefore, earnestly requested to encourage regularity and discipline, to see that their children do their practice work/ home-work and attend school in proper uniform with all the books required for the day’s work.
This circular is aimed to give you a better insight into the day to day functioning of school. To bring out the best in your child, the institution expects your co-operation at all times.
Henceforth, all circulars will be sent by email and will also be uploaded on the school website.
The School lane has been declared a NO PARKING ZONE by the RTO. Kindly make a note of it.