Theme of the Year: Global Citizenship
2013 – 2014
Stds. – III, IV and V
UHM/C/02/2013-14 June 15, 2013
“What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child.”
We welcome all the parents and students of Stds. III, IV and V.
We all know that formal schooling starts from the Primary Section. We take adequate care to see that the children enjoy every moment they spend in school and hence would like to orient you about the daily schedule of your child in the school.
The usual day begins with the Assembly wherein children say their daily prayers, sing the School Anthem and National Anthem. Value Education and age appropriate News form a part of the Assembly.
Along with the academic subjects we have lighter subjects like Music, Physical Exercise, Craft, Art, Computer, Gymnastics, karate etc to help them to relax and refresh their minds. Students also get trained in Dance by the Shiamak Davar’s Institute of Performing Arts.
- Parents must go through the rules regulations and Activities Schedule of the Hand book and kindly return the duly signed Undertaking page to the class teacher within a week.
- Students are expected to attend school in proper uniform. Details of the same are given in the hand book.
- P.T uniform to be worn on the days mentioned in the time – table.
- Students are not permitted to wear any kind of jewellery, wrist watches etc.
- Application of mehendi and nailpolish is not allowed.
- Expensive compass boxes, erasers and pencils are not allowed.
- Usage of white ink is strictly not allowed.
- Kindly see that children do not carry games, electronic items and mobile phones. If found, these items will be confiscated.
- Distribution of sweets or gifts on your child’s birthday/any occasion is prohibited.
- Medicines given to the child should be informed to the teacher.
- All personal belongings of students must be labelled with name, address and telephone number.
- Please do not send soft drinks and junk food.
- No half day leave is granted from school.
- Parents with I-cards are allowed to pick their children from school. Additional Parent / Guardian I-cards can be issued on payment. Kindly contact the school office.
- Snacks will be provided.
- Parents are requested to send proper lunch with students Please do not give any liquid food item for lunch.
- Kindly attend the Visiting Days regularly.
- Do not send tutors, neighbours, relatives on Visiting Days.
- Parents are requested to check the remarks/ school reports promptly.
- Kindly intimate the School office immediately in case of change in personal details like address, mobile numbers etc.
- Punctuality is essential at all times.
- Parents can meet the teachers by seeking an appointment through the pages provided in the Handbook. All teachers are available on the Visiting days.
Things to be brought to school :
- Books arranged as per the time table.
- Children of Stds. III and IV should get 4 sharpened pencils and 1 eraser. Please do not send a sharpener with them.
- Pen is introduced in the Second term in Std IV. Students to bring a blue or black gel pen.
- Children should get crayons, water colours and geometry box as per the time table.
- Tiffin box, napkin and water bottle.
- Please send the G-book (rough book) and Dictionary everyday.
- Comprehension Cloze book should be brought as per the teacher’s instructions.
Reading Programme :
- Students should practice reading on a daily basis at home.
- Std V students will be given “Times of India” [NIE] in the class daily.
- Students will visit the Library once a week. Kindly ensure that the library book is returned in good condition and in time to avoid penalty.
- Parents are required to maintain reading log on weekly basis in the Hand book.
|Mathematics / Science
Evaluation system for Std III, IV and V:
- Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE’s) will be conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- English Dictation will be conducted every Monday and Hindi Dictation will be conducted every Wednesday of the week.
- Worksheets need to be filed properly and kept at home.
Awards and Co-curricular activities:
- Competitions and Activities schedule is given in the Handbook. All the students are encouraged to participate in these activities. Prizes are awarded at the Prize Distribution Ceremony
- Merit Awards are given to deserving students. Kindly read the handbook for details.
- Interschool activities and events will be notified.
Parents and guardians are reminded that without their help and co-operation, not much can be expected from the efforts made to mould the child’s character in the school. They are, therefore, earnestly requested to encourage regularity and discipline, to see that their children do their practice work/ home work and attend school in proper uniform with all the books required for the day’s work.
This circular is aimed to give you a better insight into the day to day functioning of school. To bring out the best in your child, the institution expects your co-operation at all times.
Henceforth, all circulars will be sent by email and will also be uploaded on the school website.
The School lane has been declared a NO PARKING ZONE by the RTO. Kindly make a note of it.